We offer advanced lifting courses and classes which brings a competitive environment, but the competitor is yourself. If you have eyes on the games and competing you will have a huge community supporting your efforts, however you may want to seek out another competitive facility who specializing in getting you game ready and with other like minded athletes.
We specialize in one-on-one personal training, group classes, nutritional consulting and rehabilitation services all under one roof. We have in-house certified personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, physiotherapist and RMT and gold medalist Christine Girard, which equal years of knowlegde.
Over the past 25 years, we’ve seen our share of injuries and complaints from clients and members:
1. Pushed too hard
2. Uneducated coaches, usually prior crossfitters with a 2 day course certification!
3. Doing Olympic lifts and workouts to fast and sloppy
4. Too much weight too soon, causing herniated discs and muscle tears – pushing RX’s weights
5. Improper form when lifting, BUTT WINK, DOUBLE WINKS, ROUNDER SHOULDERS, during lifting and cardio
6. Insufficient warm-up or none at all
7. Overuse injuries from repetition
8. Not using unilateral moves – all Crossfit moves are on the sagittal plane.
9. Working only the big muscle group not the synergist – which are the smaller muscle under the big ones that help the big guys
10. Poor biomechanics, mainly due to improper stretching, posture and severe tightness – but lift too much anyway
11. They don’t feel like they fit in, this is a big one!
Crossfit South Surrey addresses all these above issues and caters to the average person, coming in to meet like minded people and have a positive experience – fully assessed, and guided in nutrition, fat loss, learning lifts and having fun with crossfit wods but don’t want to compete on a larger scale.